If you’re designing a master bathroom, you may be wondering whether it’s better to install a shower or bathtub. This is an important decision that will have an impact on your long-term comfort. Of course, people have their individual preferences for taking a bath or shower.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of each.
There are benefits as well as drawbacks to a shower.
- Faster. If you’re in a hurry, a shower is the quicker option.
- Energizing. Many people find that getting under the shower first thing in the morning helps them wake up.
- Conserves water. Unless you stay under the shower for a very long time, it will use less water than a typical bath.
- You can add many features. For example, you can have shower heads with high or low pressure, or ones that produce a jet stream, steam, rainfall effect, or other options.
- Convenient for people with mobility issues. You can add features such as non-slip floors, handles and seats to make a shower safe for anyone with mobility issues.
- Not as relaxing. If you want to lie back and relax, a shower isn’t ideal.
- Not as convenient if you have small children to wash.
- More complicated to repair. If you have a problem such as a leak, it can be challenging or expensive to repair it.
Now let’s look at the main pros and cons of a bathtub.
- Luxurious. Many people enjoy the total relaxation offered by a bath, which can be enhanced by adding aromatherapy oils or a bubble bath.
- Therapeutic. A bath can be beneficial for sore muscles and rejuvenating after strenuous activity.
- Ideal for families with young children.
- Aesthetics. You can design a bath in many ways, creating the perfect look for your tastes. Showers are more limited in this way.
- Uses up more water.
- Less energy efficient. Aside from using up more water, a bath is more taxing on your water heater than a shower.
- Time-consuming. While you can just jump in the shower, you have to take the time to run a bath.
Make the Right Decision For You
Which is preferable, a bath or shower? There’s no right answer for everyone. It depends on many factors such as your schedule, whether you have young children and your design preferences. You may even want to have both.
Covenant Homes can help you design the ideal custom bathroom, including the bath or shower that’s perfect for your needs. We are a family-run, faith-based company serving the Tampa Bay, Florida and North Georgia regions. Our designers will work with you to plan everything according to your needs. With our flexible approach, you can have the bathtub, shower, or any home feature that you prefer.