Build Your Summer or Vacation Home
If you’re planning to build a summer or vacation home, two of your very best choices are Georgia and Florida. Both offer natural beauty, a mild climate, a wide selection of charming towns and cities. If you research some of the possibilities, you may very well find your dream destination in one of these southern states. Let’s look at some of your best choices for both Georgia and Florida.
Here are just a few reasons to seriously consider moving to the peach state.
- Mild climate. Georgia has mild winters and hot summers with very comfortable temperatures in the spring and fall.
- Cost of living. The median price of a home in Georgia is approximately $100,000 less than the national average. This depends, of course, on the specific location and the size and style of your home. However, you can find lots of bargains in Georgia. The overall cost of living is below average as well.
- Nature and views. Georgia has forests, mountains, and beaches. If you love to be near the sea, you can visit scenic spots such as Jekyll Island, Tybee Island and Glory Beach, to name a few. You can go hiking on the Appalachian Trail or go camping, boating, or fishing in one of 13 national parks.
- Economy. Georgia has a variety of job opportunities as well as business-friendly towns and cities. Lots of industries are moving to or near cities such as Atlanta and Savannah. Smaller cities also offer jobs in industries such as tourism, education, energy and agriculture.
- Choice of communities and lifestyle. Georgia offers everything from quaint rural getaways to the modernity and sophistication of Atlanta. If you’re looking to build a home in an attractive area, consider counties such as Stephens, Banks, White, and Habersham.
When they hear about Florida, many people think of beaches, the glamor of Miami or perhaps the theme parks of Orlando. While Florida has all of this, it also has lots more. There are many charming smaller communities as well as bigger cities. Here are some perks you can enjoy by moving to Florida.
- Climate. Florida is practically synonymous with warm weather. If you’re dealing with cold winters and are looking for an escape, there’s no place better than Florida.
- Nature. Florida has a wide selection of beaches such as Miami, Clearwater, Delray, Palm Beach and many others. There are many other beautiful spots in the state as well. There are national parks such as Everglades National Park and Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park, for example. There are also freshwater springs, amazing reefs and even caves at Florida Caverns State Park.
- Economy. Tourism is the leading industry in Florida, as it’s one of the top travel destinations in the world. There are also job opportunities in agriculture, aerospace and aviation and finance. Overall, the state has a robust economy with consistent growth.
- Cost of living. The cost of living tends to be higher than average in Florida. This, however, varies from place to place and you can still find good deals on real estate in many areas.
- Communities and lifestyle. Florida has busy cities full of attractions such as Miami and Orlando as well as many quieter areas. Some places that are ideal for building a home and settling down with your family such as Pasco and Pinellas counties.
Both Georgia and Florida offer many wonderful possibilities for settling down and starting a new life. Whether you’re looking for a place to launch a new career, start a business, retire, or find the ideal spot for a vacation home, these two states have a great deal to offer.